About This Book:
With this book you will:
- Explore how the this binding points to objects based on how the function is called
- Look into the nature of JS objects and why you’d need to point to them
- Learn how developers use the mixin pattern to fake classes in JS
- Examine how JS’s prototype mechanism forms links between objects
- Learn how to move from class/inheritance design to behavior delegation
- Understand how the OLOO (objects-linked-to-other-objects) coding style naturally implements behavior delegation
About the Author:
- ASIN: 1491904151
- ISBN-10: 9781491904152
- ISBN-13: 978-1491904152
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media; 1st edition (August 12, 2014) – 2nd edition published by GetiPub (http://getipub.com), a division of Getify Solutions, Inc., and produced by Leanpub (https://leanpub.com/p/getipub).
- Paperback: 174 pages
Table of Contents:
- Foreword (by Nick Berardi)
- Chapter 1: this Or That?
- Chapter 2: this All Makes Sense Now!
- Chapter 3: Objects
- Chapter 4: Mixing (Up) “Class” Objects
- Chapter 5: Prototypes
- Chapter 6: Behavior Delegation
- Appendix A: ES6 class
- Appendix B: Thank You’s!