See: Functional Kotlin: Extend your OOP skills and implement Functional techniques in Kotlin and Arrow
See also: Kotlin
Learn how to apply Functional Programming with Kotlin to real-life projects with popular libraries like Arrow.
About This Book
- Focus on the functional aspects of Kotlin and identify the advantages that functional programming brings to the table and the associated coding benefits,
- Implement common functional programming design patterns and techniques.
- Learn to combine OOP and Reactive Programming with Functional Programming and how RxKotlin and funkTionale can help you implementing Functional Programming in Kotlin
Who This Book Is For
Kotlin developers who have no functional programming experience, will benefit from this book.
What You Will Learn
- Learn the Concepts of Functional Programming with Kotlin
- Discover the Coroutines in Kotlin
- Uncover Using funkTionale plugin
- Learn Monads, Functiors and Applicatives
- Combine Functional Programming with OOP and Reactive Programming
- Uncover Using Monads with funkTionale
- Discover Stream Processing
Functional programming makes your application faster, improves performance, and increases your productivity. Kotlin supports many of the popular and advanced functional features of functional languages. This book will cover the A-Z of functional programming in Kotlin. This book bridges the language gap for Kotlin developers by showing you how to create and consume functional constructs in Kotlin. We also bridge the domain gap by showing how functional constructs can be applied in business scenarios. We’ll take you through lambdas, pattern matching, immutability, and help you develop a deep understanding of the concepts and practices of functional programming. If you want learn to address problems using Recursion, Koltin has support for it as well. You’ll also learn how to use the funKtionale library to perform currying and lazy programming and more. Finally, you’ll learn functional design patterns and techniques that will make you a better programmer.By the end of the book, you will be more confident in your functional programming skills and will be able to apply them while programming in Kotlin.
Style and approach
Loaded with numerous code examples and real life projects, this book helps you dive deep into Functional Programming with Kotlin as well as applying it with help of Functional Programming Plugins like funkTionale and RxKotlin.
Downloading the example code for this book You can download the example code files for all Packt books you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this book elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Supplemental Content: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Functional-Kotlin