Simon started out working as a software engineer, specializing in industrial control systems, and had a sideline teaching for a local University in his then-home-town of Cambridge, England.
In 1995 he joined Sun Microsystems, Inc. as a senior instructor and course developer. Simon spearheaded the introduction of Java training by Sun Microsystems in the U.K. in 1995. He developed the first Java certification exams for Sun before he moved to the U.S. in 1998.
Since leaving Sun in 2004, Simon has developed and delivered training for clients around the world.
Simon believes that training should have an immediate purpose and application, and that the most effective training is usually “on the job” mentoring, helping to remove the immediate roadblocks to productivity that so often plague workers in fast moving environments.
- https://learning.oreilly.com/videos/java-programming-basics/9780133975154 – Java Programming Basics
- https://learning.oreilly.com/videos/oca-java-se/9780134427201 – OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I (1Z0-808)
- https://learning.oreilly.com/videos/modern-java-collections/9780134663524 – Modern Java Collections – https://informit.com/content/images/9780134663517/downloads/ModernJavaCollections.zip
- https://learning.oreilly.com/videos/functional-programming-for/9780134778235 – Functional Programming For Java – https://s3.amazonaws.com/storefronts/streaming-video/9780134778242/CodeForFunctionalJavaVideo-git-repository.zip
- https://learning.oreilly.com/live-training/courses/essentials-of-jvm-threading/0636920054529 – Essentials of JVM Threading