See also: Python, Python Bibliography and Bibliography of Python Libraries and Web Frameworks, Learning Python: Powerful Object-Oriented Programming by Mark Lutz, Python Pocket Reference by Mark Lutz
See: Programming Python: Powerful Object-Oriented Programming, by Mark Lutz, B004GTLFJ6 (PPMkLz)
About This Book:
If you’ve mastered Python’s fundamentals, you’re ready to start using it to get real work done. Programming Python will show you how, with in-depth tutorials on the language’s primary application domains: system administration, GUIs, and the Web. You’ll also explore how Python is used in databases, networking, front-end scripting layers, text processing, and more. This book focuses on commonly used tools and libraries to give you a comprehensive understanding of Python’s many roles in practical, real-world programming.
You’ll learn language syntax and programming techniques in a clear and concise manner, with lots of examples that illustrate both correct usage and common idioms. Completely updated for version 3.x, Programming Python also delves into the language as a software development tool, with many code examples scaled specifically for that purpose.
- Quick Python tour: Build a simple demo that includes data representation, object-oriented programming, object persistence, GUIs, and website basics
- System programming: Explore system interface tools and techniques for command-line scripting, processing files and folders, running programs in parallel, and more
- GUI programming: Learn to use Python’s tkinter widget library
- Internet programming: Access client-side network protocols and email tools, use CGI scripts, and learn website implementation techniques
- More ways to apply Python: Implement data structures, parse text-based information, interface with databases, and extend and embed Python
About the Author:
Mark Lutz is the world leader in Python training, the author of Python’s earliest and best-selling texts, and a pioneering figure in the Python community since 1992. He has been a software developer for 25 years. Mark is the author of the three O’Reilly books: Learning Python, Programming Python, and Python Pocket Reference, all currently in fourth or fifth editions.
- ASIN: B004GTLFJ6
- ISBN-10: 0596158106
- ISBN-13: 978-0596158101
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media; 4th edition (December 14, 2010)
- Publication date: December 14, 2010
- Print length : 2654 pages