See: Testing Angular Applications, Publisher : Manning Publications; 1st edition (November 19, 2018)
- Manning Publications – https://manning.com/books/testing-angular-applications
Testing Angular Applications is an example-rich, hands-on guide that gives you the real-world techniques you need to thoroughly test all parts of your Angular applications. By the end of this book, you’ll be able to confidently write unit and end-to-end tests for Angular applications in TypeScript.
Foreword by Brad Green, Google.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
Don’t leave the success of your mission-critical Angular apps to chance. Proper testing improves code quality, reduces maintenance costs, and rewards you with happy users. New tools and best practices can streamline and automate all aspects of testing web apps, both in development and in production. This book gets you started.
About the Book
Testing Angular Applications teaches you how to make testing an essential part of your development and production processes. You’ll start by setting up a simple unit testing system as you learn the fundamental practices. Then, you’ll fine-tune it as you discover the best tests for Angular components, directives, pipes, services, and routing. Finally, you’ll explore end-to-end testing, mastering the Protractor framework, and inserting Angular apps into your continuous integration pipeline.
- Getting to know TypeScript
- Writing and debugging unit tests
- Writing and debugging end-to-end tests with Protractor
- Building continuous integration for your entire test suite
About the Reader
About the Author
Jesse Palmer is a senior engineering manager at Handshake. Corinna Cohn is a single-page web application specialist. Mike Giambalvo and Craig Nishina are engineers at Google.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to testing Angular applicationsPART 1 – Unit testing
- Creating your first tests
- Testing components
- Testing directives
- Testing pipes
- Testing services
- Testing the router
- Getting started with Protractor
- Understanding timeouts
- Advanced Protractor topics
- Continuous integration
- Appendix A – Setting up the sample project
- Appendix B – Additional resources